Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

*Fashion Files: Aqua & Peplum Skirts*

Hello dolls!! I am going out of town (state technically) for the weekend to watch my little cousin perform in a high school production of Beauty & The Beast.  (She's 11 & still in elementary.  I believe she's a tea pot in the show.)  A musical is always an excuse to dress up, especially when I really get to dress up during the week (except for church on Sundays).  (Though we're not allowed to wear jeans to work, except on Fridays, we are constantly moving around & on our feet, so I usually stick of pants with dressy tennis shoes or flats.)  I love dresses & skirts, and I absolutely love the new peplum style that is all over the place this season (tops, skirts, dresses).  I also love that mint green & aqua/turquoise are especially hot this season, because they are my favorite colors & I love seeing them everywhere!
I was putting together outfit ideas on what to pack for my trip, and I put this one together.  (I still might end up in a mint green flowered tube dress from Rue21- not 100% sure yet.  This is just one of the ideas that I put together.

I got this peplum "brocade" skirt from Forever21.com.  (I haven't had an occasion to wear it yet.) My top is from Rue21 at my local mall.   (I also have that same top in navy blue with white polka dots.  I've worn the polka dotted one more than the aqua though.)



                                 I also have matching Aqua shoes from Charlotte Russe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment